The 2016-17 call for staff has now ended.
JULS, the University of Toronto’s oldest and largest peer-reviewed undergraduate science journal, is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated students to assume staff positions for the upcoming 2016-2017 edition. Staff play an integral role in production of the journal, both in editing and formatting. Please see below the openings for the staff of JULS 2016-2017.
Are you an enthusiastic student interested in learning more about the undergraduate research going on within the University? JULS invites you to be part of our three-tiered peer review process as a member of our Editorial Review Board!
- Provide feedback regarding the scholarly merits of a scientific work together with a written basis for the reviewer’s opinion
- Provide constructive criticism to help the author improve the manuscript
- Maintain confidentiality of the author’s work
Do you have an eye for the aesthetic and an interest in executing the creative vision of a multi-faceted publication? JULS invites you to participate by contributing to our layout team!
- Use of graphical software, such as Adobe InDesign, for the production of article proofs and the final issue in a timely manner.
- Use of graphical software to assist the external affairs team in designing promotional material for the journal, such as fliers.
- Compliance with the publication guidelines set forth by editors-in-chief and layout managers
The deadline for applications is October 15, 2016 at 11:59PM.